Thursday, July 2, 2009

Summer School: Student Shots

...so I've been teaching a photography class for middle schoolers the past month. It's been fun ... energizing ... creative ... (and hopefully the same for them). We've covered a few different things from camera basics to camera care to a few of the genres of photography to some photo techniques to etc. I was once again humbled by how creative they were ... how eager they were to try things ... how willing they were to fail in some of their attempts ... and how persistent they were to capture a shot or an angle or a perspective that was their own. They know full-well in today's day + age that anyone can take a picture, but they wanted to learn how to take a better picture ... so we spent the last few weeks engaging that challenge. And they did awesome.

Today was our last day of class so I thought I'd share some of their pics. These kiddos have a bright future ahead of them.









3 comments:

  1. ...she kept jokin' that she could get really close, b/c if the turtle got mad, she's pretty sure she could outrun it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may need to get a copy of the piano closeup for my classroom!

    ReplyDelete